So, as we all know very well, May 24 weekend is the best weekend to party, if you are off work of course.
And what can I say? I am not going to pretend it isn't the same for me, cause, it is. I had a blast, I promised of a post on how my weekend went, a follow up from the previous if you will. Well where can I really start with this. It was all set in motion when my boyfriend came to pick me up, around 3:30 pm I would say. And after that it was to the corner store! For snacks and such of course. After that, we began the journey to the hunt camp!
We first had to go to his aunts and uncles to have someone to follow as this was his first time going out there without his father or mother, so after we got to his aunts and uncles we were truley on the road. Finally after about an hour and half I would say of driving we were on the road leading to the camp. This is where I get out of the truck and drive the 4-wheeler the rest of the way in. I was pretty scared, I will admit, as it was my first time driving the machine without Tyler on the back of it. Ohh yeah, did I forget to mention my boyfriends name is Tyler. Well either way, I headed up behind the truck on the 4-wheeler, this was only beginning of the adventure on the beast. And I have reason to call it a beast, really.
So we make it to the camp. We get unpacked. And then it is relaxing and a little bit of beer for the rest of the night. Ugh, I couldn't sleep though for most of the night but finally I did, Only to be woken early for a weekend. Which I say early is 9:00 am. But yes, then there was breakfast, I only had toast because I wasn't very hungry. Oh yeah! I tried venicin pepperettes and steaks for the first time, and I didn't mind it as much as I thought I would. But back to the story.
So then after breakfast we here a noise and here comes more 4-wheelers! So here begins the 5 hour ride, that was fun, exhilirating and a little frightening. We went through rivers, mudholes, swamps everything. It was insane! Some of the rivers were as high as my waist, I know this. I walked through one of them.
But all in all it was a wonderful and very entertaining weekend. I loved it.
Tuesday, May 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment